In honor of the release of Midnight Sun, which I am anxiously awaiting to arrive at my doorstep, I put together a list of older vampire YA I devoured as a younger reader. If you were an avid vampire ya reader this will be a nice walk down memory lane, if you weren’t welcome to the early ’00s.
- Dangerous Girls by RL Stine
- Vampire Diaries by L. J. Smith
- The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod by Heather Brewer
- Marked series by PC Cast and Kristin Cast
- Demon in My View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
- Vampire Kisses series by Ellen Schreiber
Looking back on these books is slightly embrassessing, but also so much fun. I picked out my favorites, but there were many I liked that simply are not worth remembering. I have gone through many reading phases but always come back to vampires and witches.
Beyond waiting for Midnight Sun, I have my eye on Jay Kristoff vampire series, Empire of the Vampire releasing fall 2021.
Have you read any noteworthy vampire YA? Looking forward to a vampire book?