I saw Nut Free Nerd’s post while exploring blogs and knew I had to make my own list. In 2019 I read Time’s 100 Best YA. The majority of this list was children’s lit. I soon realized there was a slew of books I missed out on as a younger reader.
- The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkin
- Everything by Roald Dahl
- Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
- Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
Are there any books you wish you read as a younger reader?
Harry Potter. I was in middle school when I heard about it but never read it back then.